Nothing says it better than this video from Sesame street.
You’ve got to let go of your fears in order to pursue your dreams. You can’t fly if you let people hold you back. This rubber duck was a gift from a very dear professor, encouraging us to believe in ourselves, to be brave, because if you follow your dreams you can’t go wrong. It’s the little things like these ones that keeps you going. Because really, you can achieve what you want. It’s not a matter of luck, it’s perseverance and faith. Fight hard enough for your dreams and they’ll eventually fight for you.
Even if that means standing up alone for what you fight for. Don’t conform with what society says, do what’s right for you. Be who you are, live your life and chase your passions. Because we only get one chance. Don’t let regrets weigh you down but learn from them and may they be the force that keep you fighting.
And remember, you’re not alone, you’re never alone.
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 branches of celery, chopped
- 3 cups of water (or vegetable broth)
- 1 Butternut squash
- 1 Kabocha squash
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- Salt to taste
1) Kabosha and butternut squash
2) Cut, peel and remove seeds.
3) In a medium pot, add oil and brown onions until transparent.
4) Add the chopped carrot, celery, water and cooked in medium heat for 10 min.
5) Add slices of chopped squash.
6) Cook until squashes are soft. (Approximately 15-20 min)
7) Add sugar, salt to taste and puree with hand blender or any regular blender.
Serve with sprinkled nutmeg on top or by itself :)